Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Review
As an excellent piece of workout equipment, the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike will help you lose weight and get toned at maximum comfort. Think of it as a slimmed-down model of the Schwinn 270 model; the features are almost similar. Offering you 22 workout programs and 20 resistance levels, it easily trounces all other recumbent exercise bikes in its category. If you are a novice exerciser, the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike will meet and surpass your needs; it does not have too many training programs and its resistance levels are not an overkill. Other than that, it is strikingly identical to the high-end Schwinn.
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike features
More to the 22 workout program, this bike also features;
- 20 ECB (Eddy Current Brake) resistance levels – This provides you with a wide range through which you can perfect your workout sessions.
- Heart rate monitoring – To achieve this, simply hold onto the handlebars for an accurate reading.
- Perimeter weighted flywheel – The wheel not only has a high inertia rive but also a high speed system, making your cycling as smooth and consistent as possible.
- In-console speakers – The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike supports the iPod and MP3 players, making your exercise sessions pleasurable.
- Media shelf – This is solely dedicated to making you enjoy every second of your workout.
- USB data transfer – You will be able to transfer your workout data to Schwinn Connect™.
- Built-in fan – With three adjustable speeds, there’s no need for you to stop exercising to catch some cool air; it’s already there.
- Water bottle holder – It is advisable to always have a water bottle for rehydration purposes.
- Transport wheels – For easy mobility, the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike has mobility wheels for you to move it around effortlessly.
- Maximum user weight – For your safety and the bike’s optimal performance, the user weight should not exceed 300 lbs.
Its computer features
Apart from featuring the DualTrack™ 2 LCD window system, the computer also has;
- USB connectivity – This allows the user to download all their workout data for tracking purposes.
- 9 profile programs – This is inclusive of 3 challenges, 3 mountain rides and 3 fun rides.
- 4 heart-rate programs – All these come with customized settings.
- Two fitness test programs – These are dedicated to accurately measuring improvements in your physical fitness.
- Two user profiles – This allows two users, possibly in a family setting, to store personal information and workout progress data.
- Quick-start – As soon as the bike revs up, the computer is good to go instantaneously.
- Workout data – The data displayed on the screen includes resistance level, calories burned, distance, pulse, Revolutions Per Minute, interval time, watts, time and speed.
The bike’s dimensions
With a height of 50 inches, a width of 27 inches, a length of
64 inches and weighing in at 81.6 lbs., the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike offers you maximum comfort while exercising; it has been severally touted as being such even when contrasted with the much superior 270 model.
What you’ll love about this bike
With its excellent console, viewing your statistics as you exercise will be crystal clear. Its ability to download workout data also makes it easier for you to follow up on your progress and make changes to meet your goals where necessary. While exercising, you maintain contact with the outside world through its medial shelf and in-console speakers. Combine all these with Schwinn’s 100 years of experience and you have the best exercise bike at your disposal.
For a mid-range bike, the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike offers you what other bikes in its category don’t; value for your money and unmatched efficiency. Its build and design are not only compelling but designed to offer you the greatest comfort; chief among this is its perforated seat that allows cool air in and prevents aggravated friction.
What you might not like about the bike
As a slimmed-down version of the Schwinn 270, the only qualm with this bike is that it neither has nor supports the use of chests traps; these are not only more accurate than handlebars but also deliver results almost instantly hands-free. You will have to contend with holding onto the handlebars for approximately 20 seconds in order to have a heart rate reading. All said and done, this minor shortcoming hardly tilts the odds.
Final verdict on the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent bike offers you unmatched comfort while exercising. You get absolute value for your hard earned money and more importantly, meet your targets with ease. It is a really great buy.