Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike Review
When it comes to general opinions, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike easily qualifies as the best recumbent exercise bike in the market. Be you a novice or a fitness guru, this bike will serve your purposes beyond your expectations. The only bike coming merely close to this highly sought-after exercise machine is Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike. Its main attractive feature is the whopping 29 programmed workouts at your disposal; there’s virtually no need to come up with your own. Its connectivity is impeccable as the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike allows you to download exercise date using multiple platforms. You will never go wrong with this one.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike features
Other than its impressive 29 workout programs, the bike’s other features include;
- 25 resistance levels – For fitness guru’s, it doesn’t get any better than this; the transition is smooth but firm.
- The perimeter weighted wheel – The wheel features both a high speed as well a high inertia drive system that not only ensures your ride is smooth but also consistent.
- Heart rate monitoring – Rather than merely measuring your heart rate through the handle bars, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike goes a step further and features telemetry while wearing a chest strap.
- In-console speakers – Your workout will never be a boring one as this features supports iPod and MP3 players.
- USB and Bluetooth – These are for transfer of exercise data to either MyFitnessPal or Schwinn Connect™.
- Built-in Fan – Meant for cooling you down during exercise and has three adjustable speed levels.
- Media Shelf – Ever heard of this? It’s all about ensuring you have an utterly enjoyable workout session.
- Water bottle holder – As you sweat, your body is in constant need for rehydration to avoid wearing out.
- Transport wheels – These enable you to move the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike around with ease as you find your most-preferred exercise area.
- Maximum user weight – For the bike’s performance and your safety, your weight should ideally not exceed 300 lbs.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike computer features
The bike’s computer features a DualTrack™, 2 blue LCD window system that are backlit. It also features;
- 12 profile programs – These include 4 mountain rides, 4 fun rides as well as 4 challenge rides.
- 9 heart-rate programs – All these come with custom settings.
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity – These are for connection to MyFitnessPal and Nautilus® for download of workout data.
- Two fitness test programs – These are dedicated to precisely measuring improvements in your physical fitness.
- One recovery test program – These are for precision measurement of how fast your heart-rate recovers.
- Quick-start – As soon as you fire up the exercise bike, all stats are displayed instantly.
- Workout data included – Data such as level, distance, Revolution Per Minute, calories, resistance, speed and time are displayed simultaneously.
The bike’s dimensions
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike stands at a height of 49.9 inches, has a width of 27.7 inches and a length of 64 inches. All put together, it weighs in at 86.6 lbs. Its dimensions allow it to handle more user weight while delivering the best experience during workout sessions.
What you’ll like about the bike
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent bike is an all-in-one comprehensive bike that offers something for everyone. While exercising, it will keep you connected your outside world through its Bluetooth connectivity and media shelf. It is a big step-up from its closest Schwinn rival, the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike. Only a manufacturer that has been in business for 100 years provides you with all these in a neat package.
In saying the least, its console is awesome as it features the greatest number of workout programs yet, 29. You also enjoy the pleasure of recording and backing up all your exercise data for tracking purposes. Its design quality is impeccable.
What you might not like about the bike
Honestly, finding fault in the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is a tall order is a tall mind. The only thing that comes to mind is that chest straps for precise heart rate monitoring are not included. To acquire decent chest straps, you will have to part with $50-60; think of it as a minor investment as everything else is rock solid.
In its category, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is amazingly low-priced. Other bikes that are ridiculously priced don’t even come close to matching up with this exercise bike, leave alone surpassing it. Retailing at only $478.99 on Amazon, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be having it. For the best workout session, this should be your bike of choice.